|Height||6' 2" (1.88 m)|
|Voice Actor||Nate Wells|
- 「When Mum and Dad put me on that plane to visit my cousins in England, they told me, 'Son, you're special, you were born to do great things.' You know what? They were right.」
- Main article: Rapture Storyline
杰克在特南鲍姆的庇护所醒来，特南鲍姆告诉杰克在他昏迷期间，她已经除去了大部分易苏崇博士放进他脑中的精神改造。杰克不再会受到「麻烦你」命令的影响，但方汀很快激活了密语「黄色代码」，证明他仍然可以控制杰克。这使得杰克的心脏进入一个缓慢停跳的过程。在特南鲍姆的帮助下，杰克找到了解药——易苏崇博士制造的 192 试剂。最终，杰克完全拜托了方汀的精神控制。杰克自由后，特南鲍姆劝他去找方汀报仇，方汀同意，向杰克提出决战。
取决于玩家在游戏中的行为，杰克有可能成为销魂城的新统治者和变异人的领袖，也可能带着 5 名小阿妹逃回地面，亲自带大她们，直到老死临终之时 5 个女儿在床边安慰他。
BioShock 2 编辑
In BioShock 2, Jack has seemingly become a man of legend among the Splicers left in Rapture. Even Sofia Lamb looks upon him positively, seeing his lack of free will as a boon and inspiration for her to begin her Utopian Experiments. He is referenced in some of her audio recordings as "The son of Ryan". Simon Wales believes Jack to be a god, mentioning how he killed Andrew Ryan. In Siren Alley, paintings of Jack's activities in Rapture can be seen, with subjects such as the plane crash, Dr. Steinman, and Jack's wrist about to be injected with a Plasmid. In one of Frank Fontaine's Audio Diaries, set directly before the beginning of BioShock, he mentions "I've got a hell of a surprise for Andrew Ryan. Long time comin'. And right about now, I expect the prodigal son is bookin' his flight..."
Several Splicers can be heard mentioning Jack. In the Atlantic Express workshop, three Splicers have a conversation around a burning barrel as Subject Delta approaches. One of them speculates that Jack is "highballin with all the can-can girls" on the surface and in possession of a bomb, another that he saved the Little Sisters and went up "happy ever after." This is a reference to both possible endings of the first game and explains why, in an evil ending, Jack would not still be in Rapture. Brute Splicers can also be heard referencing Jack; when idle, they mention their refusal to have children out of fear that they will suffer the same fate as Andrew Ryan. In the downloadable content campaign Minerva's Den, what is likely Jack's Wrench can be seen inside a suitcase, now in the possession of Tenenbaum, possibly to remember him by. As in the first game, Jack's name is never mentioned in dialogue.
BioShock Infinite: Burial at Sea - Episode 2编辑
Elizabeth returned to Rapture, despite losing her powers after she was killed by the Big Daddy. Her motives were forgotten, aside from settling her guilt after leaving Sally behind. It was then made clear that she came back to Rapture based off of her memory from what she saw in the future in the Sea of Doors. While in Rapture, before the fall, she had visions of Jack's journey to come - and was unaware of this future or for whom it was for. Elizabeth returns to Rapture to rescue Sally, now a Little Sister, and in the clutches of Atlas and his men. Because of her memory of the future, she vaguely remembers the path and claims that she is Suchong's lab assistant and can get Atlas and his men out of the sunken department store and back into Rapture - in exchange for Sally. She holds her end of the bargain and returns Atlas to Rapture, but is captured by his men.
Atlas claims that Yi Suchong had been working for him and would help him achieve his goals through an "ace in the hole." However, Atlas has yet to receive the information on his ace and since Atlas believes that Elizabeth is Suchong's lab assistant, he believes he can get the information out of her through torture. Through mental recognition of the future, Elizabeth reveals that the ace is in Dr. Suchong's Free Clinic in Artemis Suites. Elizabeth arrives in Suchong's clinc and comes across the room in which Jack was raised and conditioned to what is referred to as the "ace in the hole." Suchong was successful in the conditioning of the ace. Elizabeth then witnesses the death of Dr. Suchong by a Big Daddy and retrieves the information on an ace - another encoded message by Suchong, and photos relating to Jack's "family" and location on the "farm."
Elizabeth delivers the information to Atlas in exchange for Sally, but realizes that he will just kill her anyways and accepts this fate. After being struck by Atlas, Elizabeth finds herself in the bathroom of the Apollo Air Flight DF-0301 and walks down the aisle as she approaches Jack just as he receives his orders, opens the package, and hijacks the plane. Atlas cannot read the encoded message, but as Elizabeth reads the message given to Jack in the future and the encoded message in Suchong's letter, she reveals it says, "Would you Kindly." Atlas then prepares the orders to get Jack on the airplane and initiate his plan to take Rapture. Atlas then strikes a last, fatal blow before Elizabeth witnesses the events to come by Jack: hijacking and crashing the plane, arriving in Rapture, rescuing Sally and the other Little Sisters, and taking down Ryan and Fontaine.
As Elizabeth dies, she can see behind the doors one last time, and as she sees Jack at the Lighthouse - as he ascended from Rapture after the events to come - where he will rescue Sally and adopt her as well as the other Little Sisters.
Behind the Scenes 编辑
- For some technical reasons, the sentence spoken by Jack during the game's introduction is in fact not played entirely, but can be found complete in the audio file vo_s_1_pl_playerintro. Oddly, all the versions of BioShock in other languages (French, Italian, German and Spanish) play the translation of the whole sentence at the beginning of the game.
- In the BioShock game files for the first level there is a passport for Jack that never appeared in the game. It states his (fake) name as "Jack Wynand" and other erroneous information. The surname "Wynand" may have been a reference to Gail Wynand, a main character in Ayn Rand's 1943 novel The Fountainhead.
- Jack's wallet shows an Irrational Games business card in one of the pockets. The person standing between the older man and woman in the family photo at the top of the wallet is the Lead Designer at Irrational Games, Bill Gardner.
- For story and gameplay reasons, despite Jack being able to use an abundance of Plasmids, EVE, and Gene Tonics, he'll never become a Splicer or form an addiction for ADAM. This may be due to the changes made to his genetics.
- The original game had Jack mutate more and more with plasmid use, and would make players decide if they wanted splice themself to the point of inhumanity, or keep Jack human, at the cost of safety. This seems to have been disregarded as of Burial at Sea.
- In Bioshock 2D (Mobile game), it seems that Jack's hair color is brown.
- Jack's full atire (sweater, jeans and brown shoes) is shown in Burial at Sea Episode 2's ending, though his face is darkened out. He still has one on his model, however, and can be seen in a model viewer.
- Jack is the most recurring protagonist, appearing in some way in all main Bioshock games. He appears in Bioshock 1 (and it's mobile ports) as the protagonist, referenced in Bioshock 2 and camoes in Bioshock Infinite's Burial at Sea DLC.
- Until Burial at Sea, Jack never had a true character model, and what images there were of him were unclear and/or brief. Even in-game during Burial at Sea, Elizabeth never gets a clear look at Jack (he's either has his back turned on her or his face obscured by glare/sunlight). However, he has a full model in Burial at Sea's files, showing a full character model, and therefore his true appearance.
- It should be noted that Jack has lighter brown hair and green eyes, similar to Booker DeWitt.
- However, neither of his biological parents have these traits visible. Andrew Ryan has dark brown/black hair and brown eyes, and Jasmine Jolene has blonde hair (according to her audio diary picture) and blue eyes (according to the novel). In-universe, this could be possible if his parents were carriers of both traits or his appearance was altered during the genetic tampering he underwent during his "childhood"
- ↑ BioShock with designer JP LeBreton Part 1 video playthrough hosted by Idle Thumbs
- ↑ 录音日记，「潜水球的钥匙」
- ↑ 录音日记，「复活室」
- ↑ 录音消息，「弗兰克·方汀－雷恩的骨肉」
- ↑ "BioShock 2 Easter Egg Jack Reference", BioShock 2 gameplay video on YouTube
- ↑ Talk:Jack#Passport
- ↑ BioShock 2 Intro clip on Youtube, at 0:35
- ↑ Image of Jack's wallet at The Rapture Archives
- ↑ Post by Joe Faulstick on the "A small picture showing you Irrational actually never "died" :)" thread in the Irrational Games Forums
|Jack · Subject Delta (Subject Sigma · BioShock 2 Multiplayer Characters) Booker DeWitt (Zachary Hale Comstock · Elizabeth)|