|Place of Death||Fontaine's Lair,Point Prometheus,销魂城|
|Voice Actor||Karl Hanover|
- Clara Raleigh
- Diane McClinktock
- Elise Tobet
- Felix Molloy
- James Millard Oakes
- Johnny Demarco
- Michael Tobet
- Pearch Wilkins
- Samantha Kemp
At the beginning of BioShock, Atlas is allegedly trying to escape the city with his family. When a plane crash occurs near the Lighthouse above Rapture, one of Atlas' followers, Johnny, tries to reach a survivor of the accident, Jack, who had descended in a bathysphere. With Johnny killed by a female Splicer and the bathysphere severely damaged, Atlas helps Jack via a shortwave radio, and guides him through districts of Rapture. He wants Jack to help him rescue his wife Moira and infant son Patrick, who are trapped in Rapture. Atlas states that he had come to Rapture in search of a better life (like many among the working class), but now feels as if "God's punishing [him] for bringing her and Patrick to this place".
Atlas is Jack's guide, serving as his ally in the unknown and alien city of Rapture. He explains to Jack the fallen utopia, ADAM, and the events which occurred after the 1958 New Year's Eve Riots. He asks Jack to help him reach his family in a submarine hidden in the Smuggler's Hideout, a secret cave used by the smugglers before the Civil War and located below the foundation of Fontaine Fisheries in Neptune's Bounty. Atlas' plan is to escape the city once he is reunited with his family at the submarine.
Atlas takes Jack through the Medical Pavilion and then to Neptune's Bounty. Eventually, Jack reaches the secret submarine bay in the hidden base used by the smugglers. Waves of Splicers sent by Ryan begin to invade the area when Jack opens the door to let Atlas into the submarine chamber. As Atlas is fighting, the submarine blows up, killing Atlas' unseen wife and son. With Jack retreating to Arcadia, Atlas' goal becomes revenge — the murder of Andrew Ryan. Atlas asks for Jack's help to end the tyrant's reign.
Atlas guides Jack to Arcadia, where Ryan introduces a toxin into the air that kills all the trees producing oxygen, decreasing the oxygen, automatically putting the area into lock down. Jack meets professor Julie Langford inventor of the Lazarus Vector, which will restore the trees to health. Jack must find the components for the Vector and goes to Farmer's Market. Jack manages to end the lock down and continues on to Fort Frolic, a recreation district. There Atlas' radio frequency is jammed by the eccentric artist Sander Cohen who controls the area. Cohen requires Jack to murder three people before he will allow Jack to procede, which he accomplishes.
Jack reaches Hephaestus, Rapture's source of power, and then enters Rapture Central Control, Ryan's headquarters. With self-destruction of Rapture activated, Jack has a final confrontation with Ryan. Jack's true origin is revealed, and the fact that Atlas had been controlling through mental conditioning all of Jack's movements since his arrival. Jack had been forced to obey every command Atlas gave, triggered by a single trivial phrase: "Would you kindly". Ryan orders Jack to kill him to demonstrate Jack having no will of his own. With Ryan dead, Atlas orders Jack to use the city's genetic control key to stop Rapture's impending destruction and to transfer control to Atlas. Once this has been completed, Atlas drops his disguise.
With this long-awaited objective now accomplished, "Atlas" reveals his true identity as Frank Fontaine, the smuggler, mobster and businessman who rose to power in Rapture's society and challenged Andrew Ryan's claim over the city, thus leading to its downfall. Fontaine admits that just about everything he said as Atlas was a lie. Atlas was a name Fontaine adopted when he staged his own death in a shootout at Fontaine Fisheries in 1958 with Security Chief Sullivan's city security forces. Referring to playing Atlas as his "longest con", where Fontaine had created his new persona as a working class hero who could rally people against Ryan, use them to seize power, and eventually take ADAM to the surface to become rich.
Jack survives Fontaine's attempts to put an end to his life with the help of Brigid Tenenbaum and her saved Little Sisters, and pursues Fontaine. Jack is freed from Fontaine's control by antidotes found in Olympus Heights and Apollo Square. Fontaine retreats through the laboratories at Point Prometheus, past the Proving Grounds and to his final lair, where he injects himself with massive massive amounts of ADAM to defeat Jack. Jack fights Fontaine, who finally dies at the hands of a group of Little Sisters.
Even though Fontaine is long dead during the events of BioShock 2, several of his audio diaries mentioning his fake identity can be found throughout the game.
One of them, "Falling Into Place", can be found at the Imago Fine Arts gallery within Dionysus Park. In this audio diary, he marvels at the fact that he has an entirely new face to fit his fully developed Atlas persona, and he mentions setting up the events which would occur in the first game, including that "the prodigal son is 'bookin' his flight."
Another one, "Goodbye to Fontaine", can be found in Fontaine's sacked office at Fontaine Futuristics. The audio diary depicts the man sliding into his Atlas persona for the first time while working on his fake Irish accent.
BioShock 2 Multiplayer编辑
- Main article: BioShock 2 Multiplayer
In BioShock 2's Multiplayer, Team Atlas is one of the two factions fighting the civil war (the other being Team Ryan). Also, several of the loading screen quotes either reference Atlas or are spoken by him. Several "Who Is Atlas?" posters can be found through out the multiplayer maps, including Fort Frolic and Arcadia.
Quotes by Atlas
- "I'm not a liberator... Liberators do not exist... These people will liberate themselves."
Quotes mentioning Atlas
- "Atlas is out there... he aims to destroy me, and to destroy my city. To question is to surrender. I will not question." - Andrew Ryan
- "I begged Mr. Ryan to hand Fontaine Futuristics over to Atlas's boys... instead, he's started splicing his mob up... There's an arms race on here in Rapture. It's about who can become less of a man and more of a monster." - Bill McDonagh
- This war ain't about Ryan and Atlas... it's about ADAM my friend... Those who gots it and those who don't... Everyone's just dying for a suckle at EVE's tasty tit." - Wadsworth
- "It's probably just a coincidence, but I'll be damned if anyone had ever heard of this Atlas guy before Fontaine went tits up." - Sullivan
- "Maybe Atlas isn't some brilliant revolutionary... Maybe people just don't like Andrew Ryan... Not that I can tell him that." - Sullivan
- "I asked Atlas if he thought this lockdown will ever end... He said it didn't matter... He said if Ryan won't open the station, we'll open it for him." - Michael Tobet
- How do you wage war against Ryan?... He is the Plasmid Industry... Atlas says Ryan's weapons only work if he's got ammo, but I'm afraid to ask what he means..." - Michael Tobet
- "Atlas says the Little Sisters aren't girls anymore--they're Ryan's monsters... Does that make Adelaide a monster?... Because they don't sound like monsters when we take them... They cry... Lord help me, they cry..." - Michael Tobet
- "No one seems to know what happened... Atlas says Elise just walked into the fire... She didn't say a word... didn't even scream... not until the very end." - Michael Tobet
- "We never did re-open the Bathysphere station, did we, Atlas?... And now Ryan's locked up the Square and thrown away the key... All I wanted was to work, goddamnit... to take care of my family... Why the fuck couldn't you just let me work?" - Michael Tobet
Burial at Sea - Episode 1编辑
While Atlas himself does not make an appearance during BioShock Infinite's first story-driven downloadable content, Burial at Sea - Episode 1, several propaganda posters depicting him can be spotted at the employees' locker room behind the Appliances showroom at the Housewares building of Fontaine's Department Store.
Burial at Sea - Episode 2编辑Burial at Sea - Episode 2 as the main antagonist. Trapped in Fontaine's Department Store sunk below the city with many of Fontaine's followers, he attempts to sneak back into Rapture with the aid of Elizabeth. Atlas makes a deal with her after she impersonated Suchong's lab assistant, threatening her life if she does not keep her part of the bargain. He gives her a portable radio to stay in contact and departs with Sally as his hostage, judging the Little Sister far too valuable to be left with her.
Later on, after Elizabeth has retrieved a Lutece Particle from a tear to Columbia, and activated it, Atlas sends his henchmen to knock out Elizabeth and take her in for questioning. While Elizabeth is unconscious, Atlas and his henchmen are able to escape from Fontaine's and carry out their planned attack against the Kashmir Restaurant. When Elizabeth returns to consciousness, Atlas's henchman Lonnie is there. He then threatens her, and injects her with a truth serum to get her to give up the information. She reawakens after two weeks, and Atlas threatens to give her a trans-orbital lobotomy if she doesn't give up the Ace in the Hole. After Elizabeth claims doing so would be a favor to her, he wheels up Sally and starts the procedure on her until Elizabeth surrenders the information about its location. Later after Elizabeth obtains the Ace in the Hole and gives it to Atlas. Atlas starts to beat her to death with a wrench, until he realizes he needs her to decode it. When Elizabeth decodes the paper, Atlas brutally murders her with one last fatal blow.